Publications about the Biodosimetry Assessment Tool
Provided by AFRRI, March 2009
- Blakely WF. Early biodosimetry response: Recommendations for mass-casualty radiation accidents and terrorism. IRPA-12, in press.
- Waller E, Millage K, Blakely WF, James A. Ross, John R. Mercier, David J. Sandgren, Ira H. Levine, William E. Dickerson, Jeffrey B. Nemhauser, John S. Nasstrom, Gayle Sugiyama, Steve Homann, Brooke R. Buddemeier, Carl A. Curling, and Deena S. Disraelly. Overview of Hazard Assessment and Emergency Planning Software of Use to RN First Responders, Health Physics Journal, in press.
- Salter CA, Sandgren DJ, Levine IH and W.F. Blakely WF New Biodosimetry Tools to Support Mental Health in Nuclear / Radiological Accidents or Terrorism. NDU Press book title: Military Operational Psychology: Applying Research Psychology to Improve Performance and Policy, in press.
- Straume T, Amundson SA, Blakely WF, Burns FJ, Chen A, Dainiak N, Franklin S, Leary JA, Loftus DJ, Morgan WF, Pellmar TC, Stolc V, Turteltaub KW, Vaughan AT, Wyrobek AJ (2008). Meeting Report — NASA Radiation Biomarker Workshop. September 27-28, 2007. Radiation Research 170:393-405.
- Blakely WF, Ossetrova NI, Manglapus GL, Salter CA, Levine IH, Jackson WE, Grace MB, Prasanna PGS, Sandgren DJ, Ledney GD (2007) Amylase and blood cell-count hematological radiation-injury biomarkers in a rhesus monkey radiation model — use of multiparameter and integrated biological dosimetry. Radiation Measurements 42(6-7), 1164-1170.
- Blakely WF, Salter CA, Prasanna PG (2005) Early-response biological dosimetry — recommended countermeasure enhancements for mass-casualty radiological incidents and terrorism. Health Physics 89(5):494-504.
- Waselenko JK, MacVittie TJ, Blakely WF, Pesik N, Wiley AL, Dickerson WE, Tsu H, Confer DL, Coleman N, Seed T, Lowry P, Armitage, JO, Dainiak N: Strategic National Stockpile Radiation Working Group (2004) Medical management of the acute radiation syndrome: Recommendations of the Strategic National Stockpile Working Group. Annals of Internal Medicine 140(12):1037-1051.
- Salter CA, Levine IH, Jackson WE, Prasanna PGS, Salomon K, Blakely WF (2004) Biodosimetry tools supporting the recording of medical information during radiation casualty incidents. In: Public Protection from Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Terrorism. Health Physics Society 2004 Summer School, Gaithersberg, MD: Health Physics Society, 481-488.
- AFRRI (2003) Medical Management of Radiological Casualties Handbook, Second Edition. Bethesda, MD: Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute.
- Blakely WF, van der Schans GP (2002) Biodosimetry tools supporting the recording of medical casualty incidents. In: Seed TM, Blakely WF, Knudson GB, Landauer MR, McClain DE (eds), Proceedings of the International Conference on Low-Level Radiation Injury and Medical Countermeasures, Bethesda, MD, November 8-10, 1999.
- Sine RC, Levine IH, Jackson WE, Hawley AL, Prasanna PGS, Grace MB, Goans RE, Greenhill RC, Blakely WF (2001) Biodosimetry Assessment Tool: a postexposure software application for management of radiation accidents. In: Pastel RH, Landauer MR, Knudson GB (eds) International Conference on the Operational Impact of Psychological Casualties from Weapons of Mass Destruction — Proceedings, Bethesda, MD, July 25-27, 2000. Military Medicine 166(12):85-87.