REMM Bibliography - History of Radiation Incidents
Bibliography and Overview
- IAEA publications: complete library (IAEA)
- Publications from IAEA about significant radiation incidents since 1988
- Gusev IA, Guskova AK, Mettler FA Jr, eds.: Medical Management of Radiation Accidents, 2nd ed. Boca Raton, Fl: CRC Press, 2001.
- Nenot JC. Radiation accidents over the last 60 years. J Radiol Prot. 2009 Sep;29(3):301-20. [PubMed Citation]
- Nuclear and Radiation Accidents (Wikipedia)
- IAEA information on Fukushima Nuclear Accident (IAEA)
- Report of the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR), General Assembly Official Records, 68th session, Supplement No. 46 (See year 2013, select Report A/68/46)
- See chapter III (page 7- 16) for excellent UNSCEAR summary report on the levels and effects of radiation exposure due to the nuclear accident after the 2011 great east-Japan earthquake and tsunami.
- UNSCEAR Press Briefing on Fukushima, May 31, 2013, YouTube video. Scientific discussion begins at 4 min 45 secs.
- Health Physics News, The Boice Report #11, Aprils 2013: Summary of the NCRP February 2013 Fukushima Conference (PDF - 155 KB)
- Gonzalez A, Akashi M, Boice JD, et al. Radiological protection issues arising during and after the Fukushima nuclear reactor accident. J Radiol Prot. 2013 Jun 27;33(3):497-571. [PubMed Citation]
- Wilson T, Chang F, Berro A, et al. US screening of international travelers for radioactive contamination after the Japanese nuclear plant disaster in March 2011. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2012 Oct;6(3):291-6. [PubMed Citation]
- Akiba S. Epidemiological studies of Fukushima residents exposed to ionising radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant prefecture--a preliminary review of current plans. J Radiol Prot. 2012 Mar;32(1):1-10. [PubMed Citation]
- The Journal of Radiological Protection published a special subsection of the March 2012 issue with 22 excellent articles on the Japanese Fukushima nuclear power plant incident (based on the September 2011 International Expert Symposium in Fukushima: Radiation and Health Risks) J Radiol Prot. 2012 Jun;32(1) (special section)
- Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster (Wikipedia)
- Becker SM. Learning from the 2011 Great East Japan Disaster: insights from a special radiological emergency assistance mission. Biosecur Bioterror. 2011 Dec;9(4):394-404. [PubMed Citation]
- The International Chernobyl Project (IAEA), This resource presents international findings about the incident. Also on the page are many other resources.
- Balonov MI. On protecting the inexperienced reader from Chernobyl myths. J Radiol Prot. 2012 Jun;32(2):181-9. Epub 2012 May 8. [PubMed Citation]
- Saenko V, Ivanov V, Tsyb A, et al. The Chernobyl accident and its consequences. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011;23(4):234-243. [PubMed Citation]
- The Chernobyl accident — UNSCEAR's assessments of the radiation effects (UNSCEAR)
- Chernobyl 20 Years Later: An IAEA In Focus Series (IAEA)
- The Radiological Accident in Goiania (PDF - 6,550 KB) (IAEA, 1988)
- Balonov MI. The Chernobyl Forum: major findings and recommendations. J Environ Radioact. 2007;96(1-3):6-12. [PubMed Citation]
- Health Effects of the Chernobyl Accident and Special Health Care Programmes (PDF - 923 KB) (WHO, 2006)
- Chernobyl disaster (Wikipedia)