Interactive Tool to Determine Triage Category and Myeloid Cytokine Use
after a Nuclear Detonation
— Based on the Scarce Resources Project Publications
Step 1 of 4: Injury type
What type of injury does this patient have?
* Radiation cases include guidance on use of myeloid cytokines
Step 2 of 4: Injury severity
What is the severity of the trauma?
Do the burns cover >20% body surface area (BSA)?
Step 3 of 4: Resource availability
What is the availability of medical resources?
Step 4 of 4: Triage category and cytokine recommendationsBased on Nuclear Detonation Scarce Resources Working Group publications from March, 2011
The red/black split triage category for >10 Gy indicates that some victims may receive aggressive treatment at discretion of physician, especially if 10 Gy is received over prolonged time period.
Category 1: Cytokine indicated.
Category 2: Cytokine indicated, lower priority than Category 1.
Category 3: Cytokine not indicated.
Expectant - Category 3: Cytokine not indicated.
Immediate - Category 2: Cytokine indicated, lower priority than Category 1.
- Download triage tool for use offline by downloading REMM
- Download Mobile REMM which includes this triage tool
- Print triage tool cards (PDF - 664 KB)
- See REMM information about myeloid cytokines