REMM Bibliography - Nuclear Detonation Incidents
- Nuclear Detonation Scarce Resources Project Working Group Publications; video
- NATO Handbook on the Medical Aspects of NBC Defensive Operations (Part 1 - Nuclear), (AMEDP-6(B)), (Departments of the Army, Navy, and Air Force), Washington, DC, 1996.
- Nuclear weapon accident response procedures (DOD, February 22, 2005) (PDF - 9,683 KB)
- The Medical NBC Battlebook - US Army CHPPM Technical Guide 244, August 2002
- Modeling Physical and Injury Impacts of an Improvised Nuclear Device Explosion in Cities (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
- Sheltering in place during a radiation emergency (HHS/CDC, May 2006)
- Recommendations for managing a nuclear weapons accident
(Radiation Emergency Training Center/ Training Site [REAC/TS])
- Nuclear/Radiological Incident Annex to the Response and Recovery Federal Interagency Operations Plan (US Government Interagency, 2016)
- A Decision Makers Guide: Medical Planning and Response for a Nuclear Detonation (PDF - 4.98 MB) (HHS/ASPR, Second Edition, November, 2017) (See REMM page)
- Emergency Support Function 15, Standard Operating Procedures (PDF - 2.42 MB) (DHS/FEMA, July 2019)
See Annex N for issues related to Radiation Incidents.
- "Provides the public with timely and accurate lifesaving information during major incidents remains our highest priority."
- The US government's "primary guiding document to coordinate outreach and ensure consistent public information through an integrated Federal incident communications system."
- Annex N "details radiological incident communications strategy, actions, and coordination needed to execute a unified public outreach effort in response to a domestic nuclear/radiological accident, an act of nuclear/radiological terrorism, or a nation state sponsored nuclear attack."
- Improvised Nuclear Device Response and Recovery: Communicating in the Immediate Aftermath (US Government Interagency Nuclear Detonation Response Communications Working Group, June 2013)
- Medical Planning and Response Manual for a Nuclear Detonation Incident: a Practical Guide. (PDF - 7.7 MB) (October 2012, HHS)
- Responding to a Radiological or Nuclear Terrorism Incident: A Guide for Decision Makers (PDF - 1.61 MB) (NCRP Report No. 165), National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements, Bethesda, MD, January 2010.
- Key Response Planning Factors for the Aftermath of Nuclear Terrorism (PDF - 4.52 MB) (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, August 2009)
- Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation, Second edition, 6/2010 (PDF - 2.62 MB) (National Security Staff, Interagency Policy Coordination Subcommittee for Preparedness & Response to Radiological and Nuclear Threats)
- Health protection guidance in the event of a nuclear weapons explosion (PDF - 29 KB) (WHO, February 2003)