Information for Radiation Emergencies
- General Information about Nurses Managing Patients During a Radiation Incident
- Nurses Responding to Nuclear Power Incident
- Bowen A, Veenema TG, Schneider-Firestone S, Iddins C, Boyce D, Davis J, Thornton CP. Exploring National Nursing Readiness for a Radiological or Nuclear Incident: A Cross-Sectional Study. J Emerg Nurs. 2020 Sep;46(5):600-610. [PubMed Citation]
- Veenema TG, Thornton CP. Guidance in Managing Patients Following Radiation Events. Adv Emerg Nurs J. 2015 Jul-Sep;37(3):197-208. [PubMed Citation]
- Yosida K et al., Radiation-related anxiety among public health nurses in the Fukushima Prefecture after the accident at the Kukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station: a cross sectional study. BMJ Open 2016;6:e013564.
- Konishi E, Nagai T, Kobayashi M, Mitsumori Y, Ono W, Asahara K, Porter SE. Post-Fukushima radiation education for public health nursing students: a case study. Int Nurs Rev. 2016 Jun;63(2):292-9. [PubMed Citation]
- Noto Y, Kitamiya C, Itaki C, Urushizaka M, Kidachi R, Yamabe H. Role of nurses in a nuclear disaster: experience in the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant accident. Int Nurs Rev. 2013 Jun;60(2):196-200. [PubMed Citation]